Doorway Puppet Theatre

Thursday, May 31, 2012


For Kids Can Do week I made a doorway puppet theatre.
 
IMG_0853 copy

Then my son and a good friend of his made some paper bag puppets for a puppet show. I got the print outs for the puppets from DLTK's Growing Together website. 

collage 1

Here is a closer look at the puppet theatre. I used left over fabric from my Backyard Beach project. This would be super easy to create with a drop cloth or a sheet or a curtain, really anything that is already hemmed, just like this one from Kojo Designs. Since I was trying to use fabric that I already had, I added the red binding myself. I topped the theatre with a pleated awning. I also added a colorful bunting to the top of the window.

collage 2
 
Here is a look at the backside of the theatre. I added a pocket to hold all of the puppets.
 
IMG_0886 copy
 
It is so fun to play with whether you are behind the curtain or just watching the show.
 
collage 4
 
We love our new puppet theatre!
 
IMG_0924 copy


It also provides a fun new way to play with our Disney Pook-A-Looz Puppets.

DSC03658

5 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I'm a new follower and I’d love for you to share this project on Tuesday’s Tidbits @ Naptime Delights: http://naptimedelights.blogspot.ca/2012/06/tuesdays-tidbits-3.html

    Thanks so much!
    Sarah
    {http://naptimedelights.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! And great photos btw :) I am off to pin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my heck...this is ADORABLE! My kids would be entertained for HOURS if they had one of these!

    Thanks for sharing @'Sew Cute Tuesday'. I'll be featuring you tomorrow, so be sure to stop by and grab a 'featured' button!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Titanium Price - Home » Price Charting » - iTanium Art
    The titanium damascus knives cheapest and most reliable source for titanium welder Titanium Art. We men\'s titanium wedding bands price the titanium price from titanium watch band a wide range titanium easy flux 125 of retailers. This guide will tell you how to get

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog contents © better together 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.